Run or Walk a Crooked 5K for Meals on Wheels | Community Spirit
The Irmo Chapin Recreation Commission will be hosting Run or Walk a Crooked 5K for Meals on Wheels on Saturday, September 1, 2012 at Crooked Creek Park in Chapin. In addition to a 5K Race, there will be a walk and Kids Fun Run. Registration will begin at 7:00 a.m. and the race will start at 8:00 a.m. The majority of the course is shaded with several small hills to challenge both runners and walkers.
Proceeds from Walk or Run a Crooked Creek 5K will benefit the ICRC Meals on Wheels program which provides meals and vital support to individuals who have spent their lifetime working for the good of their families and communities — our senior citizens. The ICRC Meals on Wheels program provides more than 11,000 meals annually to seniors while serving as a lifeline between them and the community around them. The Senior Program also provides services to enhance the quality of life for these adults, helping them remain active and in their own homes for as long as possible. Make your own personal promise today to help seniors in our community live a healthy, productive lifestyle by collecting pledges or making a donation!
The 5K entry fee includes a commemorative t-shirt. T-shirts are only guaranteed to those registered by August 15, 2012. T-shirts can be picked up at the registration tent on race day.
Fees: 5K Race: $20/person
Kids Fun Run: Free
Fees for 5K Race and Walk will increase by $10 after August 15. All fees are non-refundable.
For an application or more information, visit www.icrc.net/events/crooked-walk-run.aspx or call
Dena Long at 803-345-6181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Last Chance to Register for OMG of Homeownership Workshop
- Report: 75 gallons of fuel stolen from parked truck
- City Of Columbia Office of Business Opportunities to Host Social Media Workshops
- City of Cayce Opens the Third Phase of the Cayce Riverwalk Park
- West Columbia officer shoots, kills man with gun
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet